Try curling while helping the Long Island community at Long Island Curling Club’s Throw A Stone Food and Book Drive on Saturday, Feb. 10, from 8 to 10 p.m. All proceeds benefit Island Harvest and The Book Fairies.
RSVP at licurling.org.
Bring six cans or packages of food that fall within Island Harvest’s guidelines; two books for children or teens; or donate $10 and you get to throw a stone.
The more you donate (in food, books or cash), the more stones you get to throw!
Island Harvest donations must:
- Be non-perishable. We can’t accept refrigerated or frozen items.
- Be dent- and rust-free.
- Be a food item. (Non-food items won’t be collected at this drive.)
- Books in “like new” condition published after 1995.
- Books with clean intact pages and free of odor.
- Books for Birth through Young Adult level.
First come, first served.
The event will take place at Long Island Sports Hub, 165 Eileen Way, Syosset, NY 11791.
For more information, visit licurling.org or call 516-900-CURL (2875).